It is important to choose the best contractor for your roofing project when your home is hit with hail, as many homes were in Greensburg, Indiana, on Saturday, August 25, 2018. How can homeowners possibly know which roofing contractor is the best one to choose for their roof repair or full roof replacement when storm damage occurs? John Peters Roofing, your local hail damage expert who has been in business for more than 40 years, is offering the following 5 tips to homeowners when selecting a roofing contractor for hail damage.
- Be very leery of roofing contractors who are from outside of Indiana. These “storm chasers” often enter an area that has suffered significant damage, like Greensburg, Indiana, and do not stay very long. Their only goal is to make as much money as they can while insurance is available to collect from storm-damaged homes. It is a wise choice for a homeowner to choose a local, established and respected roofing company, like John Peters Roofing, that will be around long-term to back the work that has been completed on your home.
- If a roofing contractor is offering to waive your deductible, you should find another roofing contractor. It is illegal in Indiana to do this. If the roofer will cut corners on the front end of your project, they will likely also do this during your project. Save yourself the time, trouble and heartache of having a potentially botched roofing job. Find a different contractor who does business legitimately.
- Be sure to use a roofing contractor who is accredited with the Better Business Bureau with an outstanding rating like John Peters Roofing. You can see their Better Business Bureau profile here.
- Read the client reviews of the roofing contractors you have been solicited by to make sure you are making the best choice for your home. You can read some of John Peters Roofing reviews here.
- Review the previous project work of the local roofing company, like John Peters Roofing. This should provide examples of projects that are similar to yours that the contractor has completed. Ask questions about these projects. Make sure that the roofer takes time to address your questions and puts your mind at ease about your project. See John Peters Roofing projects here.
Choose the best local roofing contractor when you have hail damage like Greensburg, Indiana, had by following the helpful tips above from your local professional hail expert, John Peters Roofing. When storm damage has impacted your home, they can assist you with a free estimate for repairs or a full roof replacement. Call us today for a free estimate at (317) 786-3315 or complete our convenient online form here.