Finding the best contractor for your roofing or exterior home improvement projects can be daunting, but only if you don’t have all your bases covered. A staple in the hiring process is a face-to face interview with your prospective contractor. It’s critical as it will give you an idea on how effectively a contractor communicates and establishes trust. Additionally, it’s your chance to ask the important questions.
John Peters Roofing, the expert in emergency roof repair in Indianapolis, IN, and surrounding areas, shares what you should ask your contractor before starting a project:
- How long have you been in business? The ideal contractor has decades of experience working in home improvement. This ensures they can provide timely and efficient workmanship, eliminating the potential for costly mistakes and property damage. John Peters Roofing, for instance, has helped homeowners in Indianapolis, IN, and nearby cities address their roofing and exterior needs since 1976. With over 40 years of experience, we have what it takes to complete your project as agreed upon, on time and on budget.
- Do you have the necessary credentials? Make sure to look for the applicable contracting license, bond and insurance, plus workers’ compensation and liability coverage. A contractor with these essentials, such as John Peters Roofing, your leading siding expert, can provide better protection for you and your investment. As a license ensures legitimate work that’s up to code, a bond provides coverage against unfulfilled contractor responsibilities while insurance helps you avoid accountability in the event of accidents and property damage.
- Will you apply for the necessary permits and set up the inspections required for this project? Most home improvement projects, especially those that involve altering the structure of your property, will require permits and inspections. These help ensure the work adheres to local codes, which exist to keep you safe. Applying for these are a contractor’s responsibility. You won’t have to worry about this when you work with John Peters Roofing. We always obtain permits for our projects, ensuring all documentary requirements are in place before any work begins.
- What manufacturers do you represent? Take into account the quality of the products and materials your contractor offers. Look for manufacturer certifications. John Peters Roofing, for instance, is a fully certified Owens Corning® Preferred Contractor. This means we’ve met standards set by the brand, giving us access to high-quality roofing systems and the solid warranties included with them.
- What about maintenance? Completing your home improvement project isn’t the end–you have to consider upkeep as well. This is especially crucial when your upgrade is a new roofing system. You’ll want to make sure you get the most of its performance and service life. Fortunately, John Peters Roofing offers comprehensive roof maintenance plans when you choose us for your roof installation project.
John Peters Roofing is all you need for all your roofing and exterior home improvement needs. We serve the areas in Greenwood, Indianapolis, Carmel and nearby cities. Call us today at (317) 786-3315 or fill out this form to get a FREE estimate.